Alvar is a 14-year-old karting star from Kaarina. Alvar started karting in 2015 and has already shown his skills and speed. Alvar, who won almost everything possible in his age group in the Rotax Max Challenge Finland series, finished well in the 2021 OKJ Finnish Championship series, being 2nd. For the 2023, Alvar continues in the main category of international karting, OK category. The program includes the Finnish Championships and European Championships, the World Championships and other international races.
Name: Alvar Siimesvaara
Date of birth: 07.08.2008
Home town: Kaarina/Piikkiö
Club: Salon UA
Teams: Int: Ward Racing, Finland: Kohtala Sports
Started karting: racing 2015
Idol: Kimi Räikkönen
Longterm goals in motorsport?
To get a profession from motorspot.
- OK category: Finnish Champion ship 4th
- 10 Finnish Championship starts and was 2nd in the series
- 9 international competitions in Europe, which gained competition experience
- Salon UA chose Alvar as the Driver Of The Year
- OKJ National Series 2.
- first win in the new OKJ class
- The 11th and second best Rookie driver in the SM series
- Rotax Max Challenge Finland, Junior Class 2.
- Best Rookie in the Rotax Junior class
- Rotax Max Challenge Finland, Mini Max Series Win
- Mini 60 SJM Ranking 5/42
- Rotax Max Challenge Finland series win with maximum points
- Winning the Rotax Nordic Trophy
- Rotax Nordic Challenge Series 3.
- Rotax Max Challenge Finland, in the Micro Max series 4.
- The best rookie driver.
- First international competition in the Rotax Nordic competition Kandava / Latvia 3.
"Despite his young age, Alvar Siimesvaara already has 7 years of karting experience.
As the team manager of Kohtala Sports, I can see that Alvar will fight for his first world championship medal and the Finnish championship in the next two seasons. On the international level, I see the goal for this year as reaching the finals and possibly even scoring points."
"Alvar is a young and talented driver who impressed with his rookie season in the OKJ class. Alvar's strength in my eyes is above all his speed and competitive eye, and as the boy grows up, anything is possible. I like Alvar's motivation to practice both on and off the track in a holistic way, which is exactly what motorsport requires - dedication."
Rasmus Markkanen, mechanic